Culture Minister Do Jong-whan says the fact is nothing has been decided on whether North Korea will take part in next year’s PyeongChang Paralympics, amid confusing reports.
 
Do attempted to clarify the situation during the National Assembly’s inspection of the Culture Ministry and 15 related agencies on Friday.
 
The minister said it is his understanding that in May, Pyongyang submitted to the International Paralympic Committee an unofficial letter of intent to participate in the Winter Paralympics. However, he said, the North has not taken any further steps for official participation internationally.
 
Do's account contradicts remarks made by Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha who told parliament a day earlier that North Korea applied to take part in the games.